The Food Safety Management System Lead Auditor Certification is designed to incorporate a candidate with the knowledge and skills required to assess the compliance of Food Safety Management Systems set up under the requirements of ISO 22000:2018. Not just the international standard, but sector specific technical specifications for Prerequisite Programs (PRPs) provided in ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 shall also be integrated with the Certification to intimate the participant with the needs of the international food sector.
In addition to the above, the participants shall be trained for planning and conducting an FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011, an international standard that sets forth the requirements for management systems auditing, thus, establishing the competence of an FSMS auditor.
1. Understand the inter-dependence and relationship between
2. Industrial hygiene and safety practices
3. Global food safety and quality standards
4. Government Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and Codes of Practice
5. Development and Maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
6. ISO 22000:2018, ISO 9000:2015, and Technical Specifications (ISO/TS 22002-1:2009, ISO 19011:2018)
7. Food Safety Management System establishment (Basics)
8. Legal framework for FSMS implementation
9. Plan, conduct, report, and follow up a FSMS audit
10. Assessment and management responsibilities of an FSMS Auditor.
1. FSMS and its Significance for food industry
2. Good Manufacturing Practices and its role in quality improvement
3. Food Safety – Need for HACCP, Codex Principles, PRPs, and OPRPs
4. ISO 22000 – Requirements and Implementation in food sector
5. Auditing a Food Safety Management System (Basic)
6. Auditing a Food Safety Management System (with 19011)
7. Documentation and Reporting an audit
8. PRP Implementation and Assessment (ISO/TS 22002-1:2009)
9. Risk Assessment – Hazard analysis, Identifying CCPs, Establishing Corrective measures etc.
10.Regulatory requirements – National & Global authorities, Laws & regulations , Guidelines, and Codes of Practice
The Certification is especially beneficial for persons who:
Plan/Manage the implementation of ISO 22000:2018
Require detailed knowledge of FSMS auditing process
Is involved in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party audits
Need to learn about the regulatory framework and assessment for a FSMS assessment
Food safety consultants, Managers, Technicians
Aspiring Food Safety Professional
Graduation in Science and Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification exam or awaiting their results, are also eligible to apply.
The registration dates for this bi-annual executive programme run by the Institute are updated timely on the webpage. Effective E-learning tools incorporated into the design of the webpage make the course lectures, online live classes and study material easily accessible. This gives a huge window of self-regulated and self-paced performance to the participants.
Rs. 14,500/- for Indian nationals and 500 USD for overseas Professionals. This covers the certification registration fee and examination fee. An additional membership fee of Rs 4500/-( USD 125 for overseas) is to be paid in order to avail the services of Certified Study Resources and training for the preparation of the certification exam.
All the participants are expected to appear for online assessment. After successful completion the participants will be certified as FSMS Lead Auditor by IGMPI. For all the above mentioned elaborate study resources, Assessment test papers and case studies would be provided by the Institute from time to time. Details get updated on the website as well. The certification will be awarded after the required levels of knowledge, skills, professionalism and attitude are assessed through the IGMPI assessment process.
Placement testimonials: Our alumni are working with Fortune 500 and global Pharmaceutical, Food and healthcare giants like